Where should I register my domain name?
There are thousands of domain name registrars available to register your domain name with, so which one should you choose? Use the following list to find the best domain name registrar to register your new domain name:
- Register your domain name with a reputable company that has been around for while such as Yahoo.
- Don't purchase a domain name from a company that does not give you complete control over your domain name, such as editing contact information.
- You should only register a .com domain name if you can help it, especially if the domain name is for a business.
- Keep your domain name as simple as possible if it is for a business. Weird characters and long domain names are not easy to remember. Try to keep it under 10 characters.
- Register similar domain names such as: .net, .org, .info and mispelled domain names so you can point them at your original domain name.
- Register your domain name for multiple years to save extra.
- When registering your domain name make sure you use a reliable email address for your contact info. You should not use an email address that you think you may not have later in the future. Doing so will make it harder for you to change or move your domain to another domain name registrar in the future.
That pretty much covers everything you need to know about registering domain names. For a list of domain name sales, click here: